(1) Paradise Valley – Does not come as a surprise that Paradise Valley is number 1 on the list. It has the highest median income in the Phoenix metro area at $173,500. If you have ever driven through the neighborhoods you would assume it’s number 1 by a long shot. The real estate is gorgeous and the views even better. Paradise Valley is surrounded by Mummy Mountain, Camelback Mountain and Piestewa Mountain making it one of the top tourist destinations thanks to 9 resorts and numerous luxury golf courses.
(2) Queen Creek – One of the most family friendly places in the valley. With a median household income of about $90,000, Queen Creek ranks number 2 on the list. Queen Creek has the only working olive farm and mill in Arizona making it a desirable place to go and visit.
(3) Carefree – Very small town consisting of only 3,500 people and they all live care free (no pun intended). Number 3 on the list with a median household income of $92,000. They have their own regional park and house one of the largest sundials in the county, standing over 30-feet tall.
(4) Catalina Foothills – Located in the Santa Catalina Mountain foothills, Catalina Foothills comes in at number 4 with some of the most expensive real estate in Arizona. It ranks as the 14th highest income per capita in the U.S. for communities of its size, population around 50,000. The median home value is well over $400,000. Making this place one of the wealthiest neighborhoods in Arizona.
(5) Litchfield Park – It’s a small town feel that is well maintained. The median household income is $85,000. To the west of Phoenix on the 10 fwy is where this neighborhood is located.
(6) Scottsdale – The place I call home. Scottsdale is a medium sized city with a population of around 240,000 and median household income of $75,000. If there is one place to be in Arizona, it is Scottsdale. This place has everything you need to have fun and to enjoy yourself. Scottsdale has proclaimed itself the “Most Western Town in the West.”
(7) Rio Verde – Rio Verde is an exclusive neighborhood and ranks number 7 on the list with a median household income of $90,000. It is a retirement community so only for those 55 and older.
(8) Fountain Hills – The center of the town is home to Fountain Park with the 560-foot fountain. With a median household income of $75,000 it ranks number 8 on the list. It is conveniently located near McDowell Mountain and Saguaro Lake, just 20 minutes from both locations.
(9) Gilbert – Coming in at number 9 on the list is Gilbert with a median household income of $85,000. It is a small city with four performing arts theaters, one of which is the longest running privately owned theater in the country. Gilbert is one of the fastest growing cities in the nation with a population of 235,000.
(10) Oro Valley – Another small neighborhood with around 50,000 residents with a median household income of $75,000. Oro Valley is a very peaceful, safe and well-maintained cities. Also, a pricey place to live with a median home price around $370,000.